Start up requirements:
If the startup is not done properly or completed, it can alter unit’s efficiency during operation.
1. Check incoming power. Make sure power is balanced and control transformers are properly tapped to the unit incoming high voltage.
2. Unit should only be controlled with a zone sensor or BAS.
3. All high efficiency products should require proper Test and Balance. This should include Demand Control Ventilation setup and proper setting of damper minimum positions.
4. Discharge Air (DA) cool and heat limits should be set properly.
5. Check and test unit discharge, outdoor, and space sensors inputs.
6. Check connections to Reliatel boards and drives.
7. While in test mode 100% cooling (all compressors running) check unit superheat and sub-cooling (follow charts in the unit's Service Facts document).
Information in this article is intended for use by individuals possessing adequate backgrounds of electrical and mechanical experience and who comply with all federal, state, and local laws, rules, orders, or regulations related to the installation, service, or repair of a heating or central air conditioning product. Any attempt to install, service, or repair a heating or central air conditioning product may result in personal injury and/or property damage. The manufacturer or seller cannot be responsible for the interpretation of the information contained herein, nor can it assume any liability in connection with its use.
Article is closed for comments.